The Geothermal National and International Initiative Inc (GEO-NII) is a collaborative effort within the geothermal heat pump industry to:
1. Promote the goals of the “Road to 30%” for the geothermal heat pump (GHP) industry, both nationally & internationally, to Federal, state and local government officials, utilities, the design community, the HVAC industry and end users in all market segments.
2. Develop a sustainable infrastructure through professional development training.
3. Support the adoption of IGSHPA standards & training certifications & accreditations, both nationally and internationally, for the design, installation and commissioning of GHP systems.
4.Advocate ”rate recoverable” geothermal heat exchanger (GHE) ownership for utilities and other 3rd party owners.
5. Continue to work for the adoption of geothermal heat pumps in state Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) mandates as an acceptable technology available for Renewable Energy Credits (REC) and/or emission credits, which would help eliminate the first cost barrier.
6. Promote the adoption of the R.I.D.E. (Register, Inspect, Document & Evaluate) program, which can capture the metrics for GHP projects.
I look forward to your support in achieving the goals of the “Road to 30%”. Please call if you have any questions or need further information.